Nail wraps (Nail polish strips) are the new trend in nail care that has been introduced in the past few years. They are becoming more popular because they offer temporary nail art that lasts with no damage to natural nail beds.
Nail decals or stickers can be applied quickly with just one hand and they come in many different colors and patterns. Follow the below steps to learn how to apply nail wraps correctly.
How To Apply Nail Wraps Easily?
Step 1, How To Select The Right Wrap Color / Style?
Nail wraps are a great way to change up your nail style in just minutes. They come in different colors, patterns, and designs to suit any mood or occasion. But how do you know which color or pattern is best for you?
– If you want something bold and bright, go for a bold color like blue, green or red.
– If you want something more classic, go for a neutral color like black, brown or nude.
– If you want something fun and funky, go for an animal print design like leopard print or zebra print.
Step 2, Preparing Your Nails For Nail Wraps Application
Nail wraps are a fun way to spruce up your nails. But before you can apply them, you need to do some prep work. Below is a guide on how to prepare your nails for nail wraps application.
1) Push your cuticles back with a wood stick. This will make sure that the nail wrap does not get stuck in the cuticle and will give it more of a clean look as well.
2) Clean off any leftover dirt or oil from the nail with alcohol or acetone-based nail polish remover and cotton balls. It is important that there is no residue left on the nails before applying the nail wrap because it will ruin the look of your manicure and may cause problems when trying to remove it later on.
Step 3, Applying The Nail Wraps
The nail wraps are to be applied to the nails. The nail wraps come in a variety of sizes and shapes to suit the needs of different people. The size of the nail wraps is important because it determines how well they will fit on your nails. You can match up the shape and size of the wrap with your own nails. Once you have selected the right size, you can start applying them to your nails.
First, select one that matches up with your desired width and shape then peel off its backing.
Next, place it at an angle towards your cuticle so that it covers both sides of the nail. After you have placed the wrap on your nails, take a strip of clear nail polish and position it along where the wrap meets with your natural nails. Apply then press firmly so that it sticks to the bottom of your cuticle and wraps around towards your free edge.
After you have applied all of them, file away any excess nail polish left on your nails.
Step 4, Apply Top Coat (If You Want)
Nail wraps are a great way to add some flair to your nails without the use of polish, so this step is not a must for how to apply nail wraps. However, if you want more protection to nail wraps and make nail wraps stay longer, you can apply top coat to protect them and seal the edge.
If you want your nail wraps to stay long and look shiny, then you need to apply a top coat finish.
Here are some tips on how to apply top coat on nails wraps:
– Apply a thin layer of top coat on the edge of the nail wrap.
– Wait for it to dry before applying another layer of topcoat over it.
– Apply one last layer with a sponge or brush over the entire nail wrap. This will give it an even finish and make it look more professional.
Now you get to know about how to apply nail wraps, but how to remove them?
How To Remove Nail Wraps
Removing nail wraps is not difficult. There are a few different ways to remove your nail wraps, depending on how you want to do it.
1) If you only use nail wraps and do not apply top coat, then you can use hot water to soak your nails in for about 10 minutes. This will loosen the adhesive and make the nail wraps easier to peel off.
2) If you applied top coat and want to remove your nail wraps at home, then you can use an acetone-based nail polish remover to soak your nails in for about 10 minutes. This will loosen the adhesive and make the nail wraps easier to peel off.
3) If you want to remove your nail wraps in the salon, then they will typically use a special remover that contains acetone. They will soak your nails in this solution for about 10 minutes before peeling off the wrap like normal.
Now you are the expert on how to use nail wraps.